Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bonito and Pantanal. Down To Earth.

                      1st November. Tuesday . Where Beauty Lies.
So, I'm already onto the third instalment and so much more to come still. It was a normal morning for me but the activity was one which I was looking forward to even before the start of the trip. Snorkelling! I have always wanted to do Snorkelling and this was my opportunity to do it finally! The place where we went to Snorkel was again type of a resort, it was a big place and lot of things to do. This time, our group went first. After getting on the rather uncomfortable snorkelling suit and acquiring all equipment we had to learn HOW to snorkel first! We did that in a swimming pool. On our walk to the place we were going to snorkel we got to know some really interesting facts about the place. The guide told us that the water spring pumps out 5000 litres of water per minute! I was really amazed by the water here. So Clear! We could see the fish even when we were standing! We entered the water and I was blown away. Completely. Large fish, small fish, weird fish, colourful fish, dull fish all scrambling around. The seaweed added to the beauty... After a nice 15 minutes we were off to the real river. It was very very, I mean seriously, very beautiful. Schools of fish around looking at you, lot of shells and the best part of all was that you can hear your own breath, the whole time. Just your breath and you. No other voices at all. 1 hour of pure bliss. Wading through the water lazily, thinking about stuff, watching nature engulf you in it's beauty. Wow.
Later, we saw some animals like the wild boar, the cayman.etc. which were being preserved in that area. I was still getiing out of what I had just experienced. I got out of that mood when food was served. I ate a lot that day I remember. The next part I remember was going to the place which was full of pillows. BIG pillows. Everyone just lay down there and all of us were asleep in a flash. Woke up two hours later.
Our next activity was going to the local Orphanage. We went to the city first to buy some toys for the kids. I manged to buy a truck (toy truck), a HUGE ball and bubbles!  It was late afternoon when we got to the orphanage, the kids became so happy! Kids aged from 1 to 14 were there, waiting to recieve us. Little things made them so happy and even we, the exchange students got lost in them. Some were colouring with the kids, some were playing football, cards, talking, joking around. I played football for some time and the rest of my time was spent in talking. Time passed by fast and we were on our way back in about one and half an hour. We had the rest of the evening to ourselves.Some of us went swiming and some of us went to play football. (Obviously, I was in the football group) We had to return for dinner and then we had a trip to the city  which I am going to tell you about, later. Oh yes! A canadian guy joined our room because the Mexican left. Slept at 1. Beautiful day overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment