Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Perfect Week.


    11-18 December. I experienced something which I was very lucky to experience and maybe will never experience in my life again. That 'something' is called 'The Perfect Week'. Everybody has had perfect days, two days, three days, max. 7 days of pure perfection is something to savour.

 *I'm trying to keep it as brief as possible, so I can fit the whole week into one post'

Pandharpur!
Fondue. So Fond of you! ;)
It all started on a Sunday. I was going to leave for a city called Campos do Jordao with my second host mother, my aunt and my Taiwanese brother. Fun times ahead, eh? There were. Half of the day went in travelling. We also stopped in the 'Pandharpur' of Catholics called Aparecida do Norte where they had an ENORMOUS church. We continued on our journey after having lunch at ADN. (Yes, I am lazy.) We reached CDJ (Lazy, again.) at about 5. Believe me, it is THE most beautiful place. Tucked in amidst mountains, temperature ranging from 15-20 degrees, houses designed as you saw in fairytales and there was a little train running through the town. What more could one ask for?! Nothing. But, there was more! The chocolates here come second only to Swiss ones. It was just heavenly. We sat down at a restauraunt, a street side restaurant for a little chat which lasted almost 2 hours! So many stories to be told! We went to the hotel to have dinner. The dinner was an UNFORGETTABLE one for me. Just because of two tiny details. The waiter gave me nine pieces of cutlery. NINE.4 Forks, 3 knives and 2 spoons. Secondly, when he lifted the lid off my plate, he said, 'Bon Apetite'. I could not stop myself from grinning that time. I mean, he said Bon Apetite! That made me feel so royal!! *Blush* The first day of my perfect week came to a peaceful end with a good nights sleep.
 
2nd day began with a quick breakfast and then we were off to Tarundu (I hope I remember the name properly). That place was a ranch where they had a lot of activities. I ended up doing Tirolesa from almost 150 metres high. Was scary as hell. Then, I did some jumping on the trampoline, ice skating, horse riding the orbitball (twice), ate french fries and drank a lot of water. Almost 6 hours of adventure filled activites. Doing the orbitball twice apparently was a mistake because I started feeling dizzy and uneasy later but a little nap brought me back to normal. Dinner and Sleep concluded the day.

Matter zhaala re!!
3rd day began with waking up late. Going for a drive to the highest point in Sao Paulo, then to the governor's house. Reached home at 4. My laptop wasn't back yet, so I watched some TV. Just chilled for the rest of the day.

4th day, I woke up really late. Ate. Went for a little walk.Roamed around a bit, listening to music. Feeling happy about myself. Reached home a tad late. Was fine though. Slept like a log.

5th day, Woke up late again. Had to go to football, got ready. Was the last day of this year. Played a game, had LOADS of fun. Got to know that the club had a party tomorrow. Bought new headphones and greeting card for christmas, roamed around a bit today too. Got home at 6. Prepared ham sandwiches with some grape juice when my parents arrived with Pastel (My favourite food in Brasil) and my laptop (My best friend in Brasil). No need to tell how the rest of my day went. (The answer is, Laptop)

With my American Dude
6th day. I woke up at 8 in the morning to attend the party of my football club. Oh My!! What a wonderful world this is. I went alone to a family party but ended up having loads of fun! I played football with unkown people and made friends. Those friends included 40 year olds as well. I then went to see the games of the 5-7 year old kids. Football games. They were superstars that day! Proper coaches, proper jerseys, parents shouting Go Go Go.. Kick, Pass, look there, look here, what are you doing?!... With all the energy they had. I was standin between the parents of Joao and some guy from 'M'. The parents of Joao, especially the mother cracked me up! She was like,'Go Joao, Go Joao' All the time! While shouting she suddenly stopped and asked here husband, 'Where is Joao?' Oh! There he is.. Go Joao Go Joao!! SO FUNNY! Joao's team managed to win and I was happy for Joao as well. *Smiles*. I reached home for lunch and in an hour had to go to A mexican girls house to hang out with the other exchange students who were visiting the city. We went to a park which had Hippo's, lions, panthers and such animals. I even saw a Tapir, a baby Hyena and an Anteater! We talked a lot, joked a lot, laughed a lot... Just had a good time. The three guys who had come from Sao Paulo were going to stay at my place. We got home at 12. Chatted for a little while and went to sleep really late.
7th and the final day. Woke up late. Naturally. Had lunch. Watched Liverpool win 2-0. I had to go to the graduation of my aunt which was a big event and the whole family from my mothers side was there! The ceremony was nice and later we went for a Barbeque. We went back home at 8. A little 'Thank You' to God and I was under my blanket in no time. What followed was a nice sleep.

    I call THIS 'My Perfect Week' because it was flawless on the important aspects of life.



Family Ties :)
    Friends. Check.

    Family. Check. 
    Football. Check.

    Fun. Check 
    Feeling good about myself. Check.

You don't need anything more to be perfect. Perfection is quite achievable. Another thing Brasil taught me. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great Jayki....you are really improcing day by day....may be all this could have been a little more elaborate...may be you had written it and had two minds about posting it....may be u thought people reading it would get bored....but I felt otherwise...may be I thot so coz u r my baby...

    :)

    Baba.

    ReplyDelete