Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Brazilian Jay

Here I am, sitting ten thousand miles away from my country and yet i feel like i'm home, i'm safe.
Brazil. Yes, I'm in Brazil. It took a little while to sink in but, now I'm ready, to breathe like a Brazilian, to live like a Brazilian, to be a Brazilian. That's why I titled this one, 'The Brazilian Jay'.
First day: I touched Brazilian land after a tiring journey of almost 20 hours. But, it was worth it. I was welcomed by my host family with warm smiles and open arms(literally). It was one of those moments which is impossible to describe in 26 alphabets. The feeling is much more deeper, more complex. We began the journey to the house and I thought to myself,"Brazil? Are you sure? Am I supposed to be here? Is this correct?" But, curiousity eventually drowned these thoughts of anxiousness.
Me and My Brother, Leo.
My City, Campinas.
    We reached home after a good two hours. My brother showed me around the house and I had my very own room for the first time in my life. A room that belonged to me. MY ROOM. It was on the 19th floor and I looked out of the window just to be amazed by the beauty of my city, Campinas. It looked so lively, so enthusiastic, so happy. I looked at myself in the mirror and i could see the same feelings on my face. Enthusiasm, Happiness and that unusual feeling of being Alive.
  Now, My experience till now in Brazil has been really really nice. I am enjoying whatever I have here. The people are so friendly! I haven't heard/seen a single fight or disagreement between two people. Brazilians are the most blissful and simple people I have ever seen. They like to laugh a lot, talk a lot and care a lot.
My school friends made me feel so welcome that I am already one of them now. All my friends are very very funny and they LOVE to make fun of other people but nobody seems to mind because the feeling is mutual. Yet, they have a sensitive side towards them which is very touching.
 The girls here are some of the most beautiful on the earth, the food takes your breath away. Yet, these things seem very small. I have a feeling of security and honesty here. Many people ask me,"Why Brazil?" To that, I tell them I wanted Europe in the beginning but I did not get selected for Europe and I was forced to take Brazil... And also, I'm glad I didn't get Europe.
ते म्हणतात ना, जे होतं ते  चांगल्यासाठीच होतं... सत्य आहे.

2 comments:

  1. Very promising beginning : hope to see this develop as a true record of your fantastic year in Brazil ! Promise to be regular, please, in writing; we shall be regular readers, we promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jay,

    I am glad you have started a blog! all the three posts are well written! Its nice to get a peep into your life there especially the photos make it come alive :) I expect you will write regularly even after the first excitement of the new experiences has reduced and you get "settled" in your new life there.

    Cheers...........

    ReplyDelete