Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Symbiosis followed by Julio Chevalier.

In India, I passed out of school this year with sad feelings, saying goodbye to the atmosphere, to the many people who have had such an important part in my life only to experience school life again here in Brazil.
    The school here is really really different, more than I expected, but in a good way. Indian schools are filled with people, it's not that here. The 'type' of grades is also different and you graduate from school at the age of 17-18. Myself, I'm in the second year of high-school and my class has 19 students, including me!
   Now, without going into much details about the School System (Which, honestly, would be boring to read) One thing I would like to praise about my school is the people around me. Very very very gentle, very polite, very humourous, very friendly ( I can go on and on...) Again, I dont speak the language and it was very important for them to accept me, make me one of them. They have. That too very easily.
 The first day of school is UNFORGETTABLE. I was surrounded by people. Everyone so curious, so excited. The english speaking students became full-time translators. People were bombarding them with,' Pergunta ele... Pergunta ele..'( Ask him this.. Ask him that) And then reactions like,'Serio?! NOSSA!' (Really! WOW!) I was a superstar.. Everyone waving 'hi' smiling at me, looking at me and gossiping in each others ears. It was something very different!
  Now, things have cooled down. I'm a normal kid and I know the ways of school here. Who is boring, who is nice, who to make fun of.. Normal school stuff. Another thing I'm amazed by is the effort people put in to talk to me. They have conversations in groups to form a grammatically correct question in English. I'm really honoured by it and I will try my best to learn their language to make things easier for them. I will try. I really will because the effort shown by my friends is really phenomenal and I owe them
I was new here and you welcomed me in,
May it be my classmates or other people, with you I always have fun.
Tayna's Joi, Navi's 'How?' , Gabbi's 'Pay Attention' or Didi's Shalibi
Coqueti's faces, Lunch with Liine and with Taina, Bob Marley
You have helped me a lot and so,
Muito Obrigado :)

4 comments:

  1. Jay, you have understood the real meaning behind your exchange when you say : "I'm really honoured by it and I will try my best to learn their language to make things easier for them. I will try. I really will because the effort shown by my friends is really phenomenal and I owe them"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jay...that sounds interesting ....and it is will be a great experience for you. Say my Hi to all your friends !! N enjoy !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jay . Well written.

    It seems that you would make all of them learn good english . This is a great opportunity for you to learn a different tongue not to forget all the cultural experiences you will have in your kitty.

    Cheers!! and make the most of these Brazilian years of yours :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 in the evening to 10 in the night, I played, I lived a better life for 4 hours

    Lovely :-) I like that :D

    ReplyDelete